GamingDespite stellar performance on our end, Horizon Zero Dawn's PC port has been nearly unplayable for others

A screenshot of Aloy shrugging and looking confused from Horizon Zero Dawn.

As you may have noticed, I’ve been quite impressed with Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC port. I’ve been able to get the game running smoothly at 60fps on High settings even on a lowly GTX 1060 during the course of my testing, and I’m also very fond of Horizon’s lovely ultrawide support, too.

Sadly, this hasn’t been the case for everyone over the last couple of days. Numerous reports have emerged since Wednesday that Horizon Zero Dawn has been nigh on unplayable for lots of members of the press, and our friends at Digital Foundry even went as far as saying it’s a “deeply disappointing” port. This hasn’t been my experience of the game, and I must admit I was slightly baffled by the sheer number of fixes Sony said would be included in the Day One patch (which has since arrived). Even worse, there have been numerous reports that the patch hasn’t actually fixed these issues at all. Here’s what’s been going wrong.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3imMd2X
via IFTTT

No comments