GamingFoundation's updates and new UI will make it the city-builder to beat

A cartoony medieval monk is walking through a forest in Foundation. He has a crude speech bubble coming from his head. It reads, in comic sans, I <3 scenic Alvania!!!

I know that many readers will have been anxiously awaiting news of Aliceburg, the scenic seaside village that I have been growing in lovely medieval city-builder Foundation, particularly since the Great Accidental Bread Famine of Winter 2019. At this point, it is on the verge of becoming one of my favourite games of all time, full stop, and it’s not far off getting a sexy new UI update that I can show you.

The tidings I bring today are mixed, though, because Foundation recently had another huge update to its early access build. V1.6 has made many small but significant changes (including large piles of rocks), and Aliceburg has become a bit borked as a result, especially now that Foundation has some tutorialising and quests to teach you how to build a city properly. Last time, I spoke of one day abandoning Aliceburg as if it were a long way off, but I am afraid that the day is now. Scenic Aliceburg is dead; long live scenic Alvania!

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Y0T4Yb
via IFTTT

No comments