GamingMaking a single-player magic shooter in a multiplayer military world

When Bret Robbins left Sledgehammer to start Ascendant Studios in 2018, there was little doubt about what kind of game his new operation would specialize in.

"I'd been working on Call of Duty for a number of years and I largely directed the single-player campaigns for that," Robbins explains to GamesIndustry.biz. "Single-player is something I've done my entire career, going all the way back to Crystal Dynamics and games like Blood Omen 2 and EA, where I was the creative director on Dead Space. So I knew that if I had the opportunity to start my own studio and make my own game, single-player would feature prominently in one way or another."

The end result is the multiplatform Immortals of Aveum, set to launch July 20 through EA Originals. The game combines Robbins' focus on single-player, his acumen with shooters from his tour of duty on Activision's flagship franchise, and… magic?

Read more



from GamesIndustry.biz Latest Articles Feed https://ift.tt/X5vdMwB
via IFTTT

No comments